Strong and Secure
Over the last few years the turmoil experienced by financial institutions has highlighted the importance of placing your money and trust with a straightforward company you can depend upon. Thankfully, Royal London offers just that, as it’s owned by the UK’s largest mutual life, pensions and investment company.
Our parent company’s mutuality means we share a common sense of integrity and purpose. And with no external shareholders, we are focused solely on making decisions based on the benefits to our customers to give better value and higher levels of service.
This means that when your Financial Broker recommends Royal London to you for your protection needs, they’re recommending cover with a company that you can be sure is committed to looking after you.
Some key facts
- Over 190 years’ heritage in Ireland (previously trading as Caledonian Life)
- Over 4,000 employees
- Over €145 billions in funds under management
- Approximately 8.8 million policies
- A (Stable) Counterparty Credit Rating from Standard & Poor's (July 2019)
- A2 (Stable) Insurance Financial Strength Rating from Moody’s (August 2019)
- Over €155 million in Term Assurance claims payouts in 2018 alone*
- Over €221 million in Specified Serious Illness claims payouts in 2018 alone*
Figures, unless indicated, as at June 2019.
*Group protection figures from Royal London Ireland and Royal London UK protection business claims paid (01 January 2018–31 December 2018).