Strong and Secure
Over the last few years the turmoil experienced by financial institutions has highlighted the importance of placing your money and trust with a straightforward company you can depend upon. Thankfully, Royal London offers just that, as it’s owned by the UK’s largest mutual life, pensions and investment company.
Our parent company’s mutuality means we share a common sense of integrity and purpose. And with no external shareholders, we are focused solely on making decisions based on the benefits to our customers to give better value and higher levels of service.
This means that when your Financial Broker recommends Royal London to you for your protection needs, they’re recommending cover with a company that you can be sure is committed to looking after you.
Some key facts
- Over 190 years’ heritage in Ireland (previously trading as Caledonian Life)
- Over 4,000 employees
- €178 billion in funds under management
- 8.8 million policies in force
- A (Stable) Counterparty Credit Rating from Standard & Poor's
- A2 (Stable) Insurance Financial Strength Rating from Moody’s (December 2020)
- Over €156 million in Term Assurance claims payouts in 2020 alone*
- Over €153 million in Specified Serious Illness claims payouts in 2020 alone*
Figures, unless indicated, as at June 2021.
* Group protection figures from Royal London UK protection business and Royal London Ireland claims paid (01 January 2020 –31 December 2020).