Book: How to Die Well
Since the outbreak of Covid-19, the subject of death has never been so prominent and we know that many of our customers have experienced an unexpected loss. But, despite it being a universal experience, we still find conversations about death incredibly hard, making it one of the life events we’re least equipped to deal with.
About the book
How to Die Well is a comprehensive guide to death, dying and loss, which aims to help us all become better prepared – emotionally, practically and financially. The book features a wealth of useful content, including:
- Personal essays by leading journalists and authors, including Rhik Samadder, Kevin Toolis, Dr Kathryn Mannix and Amita Joshi
- Interviews with experts in the field of death and notable figures in wider culture
- Informative chapters containing practical support and guidance across four key sections (‘Before you go’, ‘Your funeral’, ‘Saying goodbye’ and ‘Good grief’)
- Fact sheets, activity pages, checklists and further resources
- Original illustrations by renowned illustrator Andrea Ucini
By approaching topics such as end-of-life planning, arranging a funeral, saying goodbye to loved ones and coping with grief from a wealth of different perspectives, we hope to break the silence around death and provide the practical support and information needed to make dying well a fundamental part of living well.