At Royal London, we want everyone to be able to view and use our website with ease
We're firm believers that all users - regardless of disability, language level, age or other differences in personal circumstances - should be able to find what they're looking for on our site.
The Royal London website includes the following accessibility features for the convenience of users who access the site with screen readers, keyboard-only interactions and other assistive technologies.
- Sitewide search - The header of our site features a permanently accessible search field that can be used to find any indexed content on our site. We provide quick summary results as you type, paginated full results, spelling error suggestions for search terms. After typing, use the up and down arrow keys to move through quick summary results, then the Enter key to select an item. On the full results page, you can use the Tab key to move through the results and pagination.
- Detailed sitemap - We provide a complete sitemap of all of our publicly accessible pages. This is keyboard navigable using the Tab key.
- Tab-accessible main navigation - Users who prefer to use the keyboard can use the Tab and Enter keys to move through our primary navigation and mega-menu. The Tab (and Tab-Shift) keys allow you to move from item to item. Using the Enter key will open a menu item, which can then be navigated using the Tab key. Using the Enter key again on an already open menu will open the primary menu item itself. Using the Tab key to move out of the last entry in an open menu item will progress to the next primary navigation item.
- Skip to content - If you have reached a page and wish to progress straight to the page content, you can use the 'Skip to content' functionality to do so. To use this, from the browser address bar, press the Tab key. The 'Skip to content' navigation item should be immediately selected. Pressing the Return or Enter key will take you to the main content area of the page, which can be navigated using the Tab key.
- Clear headings for mobile users - Our site has been tested with common mobile device screen reading software and our content is structured using Heading 1 to Heading 6. You can use the 'Rotor' setting in Voiceover on iOS to move between headings. The Talkback screen reader app on Android can also move between headings using the 'Right then down' gesture or 'Left then up' gesture.
- Accessible infographics - Some of the pages on our site use visual infographics that are composed of large images. For each of these, we have provided an alternative accessible text version. This can be read by screen readers and will also be substituted for the infographics on smaller screens.
Our accessibility policy
We've designed RoyalLondon.ie with accessibility in mind to help you find the information you need and to understand it, regardless of any prior experience with online financial services. There's a few things we do to help achieve this; for starters, we skip financial jargon and write in plain English, ensure our text is clear to read, provide clear instructions for website use, and have designed the site in a way that's easy to navigate.
- Specifically check accessibility as part of our testing before releasing new versions of the site;
- Ensure that new content is clearly presented and written in a way that is easy to understand and follow; and
- Look for new devices, technologies or user behaviour or expectations that would change the accessibility requirements of the websites.
We strive to ensure that our websites, wherever possible, meet the standards of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 Level AA established by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). The RoyalLondon.ie website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 Level AA standard, meaning that some parts of the website do not fully conform to this standard. We continue to work towards meeting the standard in full.
If you have feedback on the accessibility of the Royal London website. Please let us know by contacting us by:
- Phone: 01 429 3333
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Post: Royal London Insurance DAC, 47-49 St. Stephen’s Green, Dublin 2
This statement was created on 17 February 2019 and last updated on 30 September 2020.
Get in touch
Think we could do something a little better? All users of our websites are able to contact Royal London via phone, email and post, and we welcome any feedback as to how we might be able to improve the accessibility of our website. Questions or comments regarding this accessibility statement are welcomed and should be addressed by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.